NURSING RESEARCH MONITORING COMMITTEE (NRMC)
COLLEGE OF NURSING, JIPMER
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) has been promoting research activities in medical sciences since its inception. With up gradation of JIPMER as a “ Institution of National Importance” and consequent increase in faculty members and postgraduate and postdoctoral students and increased availability of funds there has been a significant and continuing increase in research activity at all levels. The Nursing Research Monitoring Committee (NRMC) was constituted in 2015 as per Indian Nursing Council norms. The purpose of Nursing Research Monitoring Committee (NRMC) is to increase the quality of nursing research, which is undertaken in College of Nursing, JIPMER and make it worth publication in indexed journals.
The Nursing research proposals generated at JIPMER need to have the approval of a scientific committee before being submitted for an ethics committee for consideration. Under this process, Nursing Research Monitoring Committee (NRMC) will perform mainly the function of consideration of nursing research proposals for quality improvement and approval. After the approval, the proposals will be referred to the JIPMER Ethics Committee for consideration. Approved proposal will be considered for intramural funding if required.
III. TERMS OF REFERENCES
Nursing Research Monitoring Committee (NRMC) has following terms of references (TOR):
- To approve the project proposals of the dissertation submitted by Nursing students
- To monitor and supervise timely completion of dissertation work by Nursing students
- To assess the justification for allocation of intramural research funds for the dissertation works, if asked
- To create awareness regarding research methodology, ethical issues, bio safety practices and other supporting information to pursue their degree.
IV. BASIC GUIDELINES FOR GUIDES AND CO-GUIDES IN NURSING RESEARCH AS APPROVED BY THE DIRECTOR
- Nursing faculty/ nursing expert in the same clinical specialty holding M.Sc./ M.Phil/ Ph.D. in Nursing with a minimum of three years’ experience in teaching in the postgraduate programme in Nursing preferably Lecturer and above will be the Guide.
- Co-guide will be a Nursing faculty/ expert in the field of study (within JIPMER).
- A Nursing faculty will be eligible to Guide for five M.Sc. Nursing students in a batch (including co-guide).
- Not more than One Co-guide from the same department.
B.Sc. Nursing and Post Basic Diploma in Nursing
- Nursing faculty/ nursing expert in the same clinical specialty holding M.Sc./ M.Phil/ Ph.D. in Nursing with a minimum of three years’ experience in teaching in the post graduate programme in Nursing preferably Lecturer and above will be the Guide.
- Besides above, Sister Tutor and Clinical Instructors (whether M.Sc. Nursing or B.Sc. Nursing) who have co-guided B.Sc. Nursing and Post Basic Diploma in Nursing courses for the last three years will also be eligible as Guide.
- Co-guide will be a nursing faculty (Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Lecturer, Sister Tutor, Clinical Instructor)/ Expert in the field of study (within JIPMER).
- A Nursing faculty will be eligible to guide ten B.Sc. Nursing students and Post Basic Diploma in Nursing students in a batch (including co-guide).
- Not more than one co-guide from the same department.
As per Indian Nursing Council norms, there should be a research committee in each college.
- Chairman – Dean (Research)
- Member Secretary – Principal, College of Nursing
|Nursing Faculty||Two members|
|Member Secretary||Postgraduate Research Monitoring committee|
|Member Secretary||Undergraduate Research Monitoring committee|
|Faculty from JIPMER||Two members from different specialty|
|Outside expert in Nursing Faculty||Two members|
|Sl. No.||Name and Designation||Qualification||Designation|
|2||Principal, College of Nursing||Member Secretary|
|5||Member Secretary from PGRMC||Member|
|6||Member Secretary from UGRMC||Member|
|7||Faculty from JIPMER||Member|
|8||Faculty from JIPMER||Member|
|9||Nursing expert from Outside JIPMER||Member|
|10||Nursing expert from Outside JIPMER||Member|
VI. FORMULATION OF NURSING RESEARCH MONITORING COMMITTEE
- Principal, College of Nursing will nominate two members from Nursing faculty and two experts in Nursing faculty from outside JIPMER for NRMC.
- Dean (Research) will nominate Member Secretary PGRMC and UGRMC, two faculty members from different specialties preferably Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Community medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Psychiatry etc and Statistician.
The Duration for the committee members will be three years.